Saturday, August 27, 2016

27 August 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Got up early and went down to [Claras] place about 9:30 and him and I went to town. I bought a shirt and some [info brick] $5.00. Went to Louise this afternoon. Sure do miss her. After supper came home and slept some and then played for the [Tony] dance. Had a big fight at the dance tonight. The [logs] brought me home. Got in about 12:30 and did a little in the [bedroom] before going to bed. Spent $5.00. 
I guess you tend to think of these dances as being just simple good fun but then fights break out.

I slept well last night and without assistance, except I woke up at 4:30. Which wasn't really too bad. I desperately wanted scrambled eggs this morning but we only had one egg so I made pancakes instead, darn it. For posterity's sake, here is my most excellent pancake recipe:

Mix:
1 C flour
1/2 C oatmeal
2 T sugar (I used Splenda)
3 t baking powder

Melt and then mix:
3 T butter
1 egg
ca. 1.75 C buttermilk

Mix it with the other stuff. Comes out delicious. I don;t order pancakes out because I make better ones. Except some at the Lake Quinault Lodge which were awesome once.

Anyway.

I watched the first college football game of the season last night (Cal vs. Hawaii in Sydney, AU) and then this morning a bit more college football junk. Took a short but welcome nap.

Why did I not decide to learn piano since I am constantly listening to piano music these days? Oh, because you can't carry a piano around.

We went to the U District to get the Spousal Unit's hair cut and I went to the used book store and bought a book on Washington archaeology. Not because I'm interested but I should learn some more anyway. Since I'm, you know, doing it. Didn't do much the rest of the afternoon except get some dinner stuff and then hit a cheapo estate sale. Didn't get anything there either. Played the gee-tar and drank a bit of my beer. I need to unload this last batch so I can make a new one, a lighter lager/pilsner with less alcohol but more hoppy than the old pilsners. Like a classic Schmitz recipe.

Walked at NGate. Down to 70 today from 91 yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment