Tuesday, August 23, 2016

23 August 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Got up early this morning and ate breakfast. After breakfast we went down to Grandma's and dad started to paint and I went to town. Got my watch fixed $.25. Left some pictures to get developed and bought myself a dress [majors] while[sic] $.85. Stayed down at Sander's all afternoon. Worked a while tonight on my rocks. Stayed up and did some reading until after midnight. Spent $1.15.
Can't decide if this was a good day or a bad day. I slept really well last night without any assistance and had a really good leg workout, too. Stretching my knee out really seems to help. Went downtown and got quite a bit done. One bad thing was that I have no funding after September. On the plus side, MC has decided to move all of his data management back here and said he would use me for that, but none of that funding will start until next April. Still, good day there for the most part.

Uneventful ride home.

Stupid miserable SDOT is busily making their )$*@$(@%*) speed humps though, and it looks like ours go in tomorrow. First thing tomorrow I'm going to put the flamingos and their GO AWAY SDOT sign right on the terrace where they'll be working. I won't rag on the workers, but if I see them I will let them know that no one around here wants the damn things.

Also said something online I regretted and went and deleted it. That was kind of a backslide from my new attitude so it made me feel bad. Still, removing it and realizing that fact -- and promoting never to do something like that again -- made me feel better. I mean, it wasn't a horrible awful evil terrible thing, but I still felt bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment