Monday, August 22, 2016

22 August 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Slept in until about 10:00 this morning. Went[sic] I did get up I went down in the basement and worked until dad came after me at dinner time. Ate at Grandma's and after dinner I [work Iont then home] more on my rocks. Slept some this afternoon and then went to the show at the Liberty tonight. $.75. Took the bus down and back. Wrote a letter when I got home. Got to bed about 11:30. Spent $.75. 
Sheesh. I spent 6 hours on Whidbey monitoring and ended up actually working for 1.5 hours. I got there at 10 and then sat until 3. Well, I made one trip to Coupeville. The guy's concrete pump truck had a problem and he spent all day fixing that. Before then, I slept pretty okay and had a really good workout. Came home, scarfed down bagel, and then left for Whidbey. Trip up was uneventful. Trip back was uneventful. I only saw one eagle and a se lion briefly. Otherwise, it was a boring day up there, despite the nice scenery. I did talk to the guy next door whose property I surveyed a while back and he wants us to the the excavation permit as well, so at least that was a productive use of a little bit of time.

The work up there wasn't very interesting. He just excavated out about 6 feet back from a seawall down to the base, about 4.5 feet. Almost all fill sitting on top of glacial, which we had found earlier in a survey. One end had some intact beach deposits and some peaty junk at the bottom, but otherwise a big nothing. It was at the head of Penn Cove and was reasonably pleasant weatherize, but I wish I'd brought my computer or a book or something because it was dull dull dull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment