Sunday, August 21, 2016

21 August 2016 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Got up about 7:00 this morning and had breakfast with dad. Went back to bed after breakfast until about 9:30. Went over and saw Lee a little while and did some work on my rocks. Went up to Windy Point with the church group about 1:00 this afternoon. Got back about 6:00. Worked until 9:00 tonight on my rocks. Walked around a little before going to bed [toomy]. Spent $.10. 
Sad anniversary: Mom had her stroke one year ago, really at about the time I am typing this. What a change in my life that made. Time at home. Michele. Other relatives. A whole new family! Swimming for the first time in years. I thought she would have made more progress though. When I called today I could barely understand 10 words. I think she had been napping and when she's tired she mumbles.

Stayed relatively muftig today. I slept pretty well, and went to Mass, which was fortunate because I got to hear Julie sing the Mass today; I really do like her voice and how she does the Mass. Half the pews are out being refinished which I think is a waste of money because they were in very good shape for the most part. Which is why I don't give them money anymore.

I did a few chores this morning, and took a short little nap, but that was about it. The NASCAR race was postponed from last night (after 48 laps) and was supposed to start at 10 this morning but it was raining again and so we didn't watch that either (started later this afternoon). We went to the Taco Slime for lunch up on Lake City Way and then did the usual shopping stuff. Got back here earlier than usual. I washed the Honda and then had to go drive a old lady friend of Norma's PT Cruiser around the block to check the brakes. What else. Not much. This evening I'll get my stuff ready for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment