Saturday, August 20, 2016

20 August 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Stayed in bed until about noon at Grandma's this morning. Got up and dressed and stayed up the rest of the day. Had a rain storm today. [Trayor] came down this evening and we worked on the rocks from 7:00 until 10:00 tonight. After he left I walked around some and then got to bed about 11:00. Felt good to be able to sleep in my own bed again. 
Entering this bit earlier in the day because I forgot for the last couple of days. Had the coolest dream a couple of nights ago (probably Wednesday night): I was at my parents' home in Fond du Lac and was looking in the refrigerator for a beer to drink, and there were a couple of single cans of whatever, and then I found an old old can of Hamm's ("From the Land of Sky Blue Water"), one that used a church key to open it, and it was still full of beer! I thought that was the coolest thing.

-- Later --
I slept quite well last night, although had trouble getting to sleep and needed minor assistance. But I moved from the bedroom to the TV room and then slept there until the alarm went off at 5:30. That really felt good for a change. We went out for breakfast. The Spousal Unit slept downstairs while I was upstairs and apparently Daisy decided to get all playful sometime early this morning down there.

After breakfast I was piddling around when Norma across the street called and when she asked what I was doing I told her I Was hanging around the drug store smoking cigarettes. She invited us over for coffee and donuts. I thought that was a little strange, but whatever. That was around 10 maybe? So we went over and she and Marge and Sunny from down the street was there. So, us two and three old ladies. It was a nice visit. Apparently, her kids bought monthly donuts and coffee for her so we may be having a coffee klatsch once a month for the next 10 months. Her brother's son who is, well, wealthy, came over too. He was okay. We figured out how to turn on her furnace fan so she can have some cool air blowing around.

After that we went for lunch at the BBQ place and then hit two estate sales. Both were kind of meh. Mostly old ladies so not much stuff for me. Once we came home I piddled around while the Spousal Unit napped downstairs. I actually played guitar for an hour! Ive been knuckling down and attempting to do entire songs now all the way through and concentrate on not making mistakes. I even tried humming my way through one and it was awful. Think maybe I'll stick to the guitar part.

I think I shall call my newfound attitude muftig/muftigh. I don't think it's even a word (can't find it on the web anywhere) but Fr. Tony many years ago said he'd heard it from someone who would call herself feeling "muftig" if she were kind of melancholy/sad/whatever. So while I am not quite that, I shall still henceforth refer to this state of mind as being muftig. And I maintained muftig pretty well all day long. It was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment