Tuesday, August 2, 2016

2 August 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Got up early this morning and started to work painting the house. Ate dinner at Grandma's and then spent the rest of the afternoon painting. Went down and saw Carl after supper. I went to the show with him tonight. We went to the [Avenue] $.50. He drove my Plymouth. We got in about 12:30 tonight. Gas $1.00. Spent $1.50. 
Still needed some assistance last night but today I have gotten out the low-dose ambien. I think the 10mg ones are nasty.

Still ended up sleeping okay and had a decent workout. Knee was okay, but not good. Still working on stretching and junk to see if that works. I went downtown and tried to keep busy. I had lunch with Janet and made her happy telling her the nice things the Cascadia people said about her (she worked there for a year). She seemed very relieved and happy at that. Such a nice person.

Not much else there. I wandered down to see Rowena and then mentioned that a big ol' Navy ship was coming in and so we were looking and eventually about half a dozen people were standing around looking out at that and the police activity on the street below. Ha.

Bus ride home was uneventful. We had our Night Out (block party) and lots of people showed up. I mostly just talked to Norma and Sunny and whoever else walked up. Chatted a bit with Annie and Bethany on the way out. I like Annie, she's sweet. A bit flaky.

Anyway, short entry, must do some stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment