Friday, August 19, 2016

19 August 2016 (Friday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Still staying here at Grandma's. Feel a little better today. Slept in until about noon time. Got up after dinner and went down to the church with dad [got] up here a little while. After supper I went to a show at the Liberty tonight $.75. Dad took me down and brought me back here to Grandma's. Am a little tired. Had a lots[sic] to eat before going to bed. Am getting to bed about 10:30 tonight. Spent $.75.
Just got back from dinner out, which was pleasant. Went up to NGate to an Italian place and had. . . .nothing Italian. Walked the mall, got a couple more shorts, etc. Feel like I overate but I just had a salad.

Well, and three deep-friend Oreos with ice cream and a couple bites of cheesecake. Ergh.

Anyway.

Slept very well last night, stayed in the bed a long time and then slept until the alarm woke me up. Ride down to the IMA was okay, workout went really great. Came home, scared down bagel and then went to Cascadia. Had only planned on being there a few minutes but then had a project for Monday shoved on me, so I spent some time getting that together. Need to go to Whidbey Monday, but not until 11 so I can work out. Might be a late day though, but whatever.

Left there at 11 and then I rode my bike to the bike place by UVil and dropped it off and then the Spousal Unit picked me up and we went to McD's. Then I went back to UVil to wait for my bike to get done.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

I thought it would be like an hour but by 2 it still wasn't done. I sat outside, sat in the SBux, walked around, sat outside, walked around, finally called the Spousal Unit and we went to McD's again for an ice cream and then headed home to await the call. Well, that came on the way so I got the old beast. The wheels aren't all shiny like the old ones but they work much better. Not a whole lot lighter, but they look okay. Gears don't work right though, I can't get to 1st or 2nd, so I'll have to take it back in for an adjustment.

Hung out, I did a few things (like dishes), fiddled with guitar a little and then we went for dinner. 94 or 95 today, so quite warm.

Spousal Unit has the new Star Wars on DVD playing and I don't know if I want to bother watching it or not. I think it's probably just a dumb politically correct remake of the original. Lead actress is really cute though, Daisy Something-or-Other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment