Tuesday, August 16, 2016

16 August 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Had a little better night last night but don't feel at all good this morning. Ray and Lola left for home about 11:00 this morning. Tryed[sic] to sit up a little this evening. 
At this moment my legs hurt. This morning I kinda said "F*** it" and did my usual old leg workout and did it with heavier weight than I had been, albeit stretching the knee out first. Seemed to work, the knee didn't really bother me much. So hmmm. My lower middle back started to seize up during the squats though. I admit part of the reason I did this was because I looked ay my profile in the mirror yesterday and my legs really looked kinda out of proportion. I've always had skinny legs but they looked worse now. At any rate, it's a good hurt although the knee was hurting when I got home so it may have something to do with the way I sit at work. Speaking of which, I had to take a roundabout way home because some dumb@ss demonstrators were blocking off 3rd or 4th or whatever. So I went back up that stupid hill to Harborview and took the shuttle back to the UW and then the 71 back home. Stupid new bus's front door and the stop-dinger didn't work.

Anyway.

Slept badly last night. It felt like I used to when I had a ton of stress, just couldn't get to sleep and then woke up at 2:30 and still couldn't get back to sleep then, except eventually and with assistance. Gads. Nothing really bothering me in particular.

Work went okay. I spent most of the day integrating the newest Lancet data and that was problematic. Mainly because I was probably tired and not functioning well, but also there's lots of weirdness in the data. Ferinstance, some dates would transfer easily and some others just wouldn't. Nothing unusual about them visually, they just wouldn't go. So I had to do those manually. And the majority didn't have the Visit marked in (e.g., 6 Months, 12 Months, etc.). So there's no way to tell which one they're supposed to be. Just a mess.

I did get a start on some other little project though, which may prove fruitful in the future.

Good mood today. The gym seems to bring that on and set it for the rest of the day, although it was kind of a struggle getting there this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment