Monday, August 15, 2016

15 August 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Didn't get much sleep last night. I hurt most of the night. Ray and Lola were down most of the day. Wrote a letter to Louise today and tried[sic] to play a few minutes on my clarinet. Am not much better. 
I like it when he's injured; short, easy-to-read entries.

Kinda fell off the wagon today and wasn't my good non-morose morose self. Not sure why, maybe because I got adequate sleep last night, maybe because I was busy with non-work junk today. After working out (awesome, btw) I came home and did a little bit of workish work and then decided to box out the patio roof supports. So I went to the Dunn Lumber and got wood and supplies, and then came home and took the old ones off.

And promptly saw that the metal posts are quite rusty and need to be replaced. So that threw that project into a whole new realm. I spent some time doing some research on what we could use for that. Maybe metal ones again, maybe some nicer-looking vinyl ones, maybe just wood posts, I dunno. I put a 2x4 next to one just in case.

I went to McD's for lunch after wondering what to do for a while. Take the wood back? Go to the Spam's Club? Came back and sat out in the sun instead. Heh. After that I put the 2x4 up and then went to the UVil to get some dinner stuff. Then came home and piddled around some. I did do a little bit of Coptic work this morning.

So, I dunno. Not the best day I suppose, not in a sort of physical sense as I at least managed to get some things accomplished, but I don't feel good about how I did mentally. Kinda dropped the ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment