Saturday, August 13, 2016

13 August 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Still in the hospital with this damn lung. Still getting shots and pills. DIdn't sleep very good last and[sic] and am sure getting stiff from laying in bed. 
One nice thing about this injury of his is that he doesn't write a lot in tiny little script.

Odd day today. Had trouble getting to sleep but, after minor assistance, I slept mostly through the night, until 4:15, darn it. So I took a nap around 9:30 or something like that and had a good one and that got me through the rest of the day in pretty good order. Spousal Unit didn't get up until almost 7 so I was tired and kinda of cranky by then but I managed to stay my now-usual non-morose morose self. Actually managed that pretty well all day. I listen to lots of solo piano music, that helps.

Did I do much this morning? I don't think so. Watched the last third of Dr. No. I had some vague notion of going up to Alderwood since I needed socks and wanted to do something different but we just went to NGate instead. Had lunch there, too.

Afterwards we went to the estate sale in Laurelhurst; the guitar was still there and I probably would have bought the dumb thing ($70) had the Spousal Unit not been there, but I demurred. I'd rather get one that I have some input from someone who knows what they're talking about. Speaking of which, I practiced mine for almost an hour today. I actually had fun. As slow as it's going I can tell the difference from when I first started. The trumpet still tempts me though. I could really get good at it. Sooner. That was between about 2:30 and 3:30. When we got back, I had a go at fixing the tent pole but failed. Turned out the measurements I made were wrong so they were too big, but I tried anyway, and just failed so I gave up. Not that big of a deal actually.

I spent a while cleaning and doing various little chores and junk and then made dinner, which wasn't a big deal. Walked at NGate just because I didn't feel like walking outside. 90 again today.

So, I dunno.

NOTE: This, apparently, never got posted. Doing so today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment