Wednesday, August 10, 2016

10 August 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Got up about 10:30 this morning. Called up L and then went out again this morning to the house. Stayed just a little while. Started back about 12:00. Gas $1.50. Had some eats on the way back $.25. Slept a little on the way back. Got in Yakima at about 5:30 this evening. Went to supper at Grandma's tonight. Stayed all night with them tonight. Got to bed about 9:50 and was a little tired. Spent $1.75. 
What? 9:50????? I don't believe it.

I managed my way back to calm last night, mostly. Had very minor assistance after moving to the other room. Cats had the couch so I went on the floor, which was okay, I sleep well on the floor. I eventually woke up a little after 4:30 and my hips hurt though. But all was well.

Rode to the gym and had a decent but sort of relaxed workout. Meaning I didn't rush through it or anything and rested probably a little more in between sets than usual. It was Wednesday so I had less stuff to do anyway. Rode home, had bagel, etc. Inspector came in around 10, just showed up, I thought he was going to call beforehand. They were scheduling the gas turn-on today but I decided I wasn't going to wait all day for that so I rearranged it for Friday and then went to McD's for lunch and then got my hair cut at Anne's place. I got her going on a 5-minute rant about bicycles. Heh. Rebecca cut it, very short, but it's okay this way.

I came back and then piddled around for the most part. Well, that's not true. I did some Internets research on various things, like post setting and post wraps and junk, and then cleaned up the grill which was filthy. Much nicer cooking on a clean grill. I think we shall leave the patio without a railing; it's easier access that way, as I found when I was pruning the roses. Tomorrow or Friday I will cap the rebar sticking up though. Think I'll just paint the posts for the time being.

Did kind of an intense guitar session this afternoon. I was really pressing the strings hard to get the chords correct, so my fingertips hurt right now. Really need more finger strength.

Still maintaining calm I guess. I'm calling it that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment