Saturday, July 30, 2016

30 July 2016 (Saturday)

[EDIT] This one somehow never got published.

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Got up and had breakfast early this morning. Ray and I went fishing this morning. Took my Plymouth. This afternoon we went up in the [casen walking] for [rocks]. Also did some work on my rocks. Went to the [skising] about 7:45 $.50. Louise [disled] the [wanted] her working [dots on soft 15] today if it is [passimble]. Walked around a little tonight. Got in about 1:00 this morning. Gas $1.00 Spent $1.50.
Man, he wrote badly today. I mean that day. Back then.

I had a decent enough day. Slept well, although once I got out of the bed I had some difficulty getting back to sleep. But I slept until almost 5 which is good. Sat around until 7 when the Spousal Unit arose. Made breakfast in. I did some cleaning up from the contractors, mostly doing the floors and putting stuff away. Had to go get a mocha because my stomach felt bad after breakfast. I drove up to get it just because. Came back and washed the Honda. Sat around and watched part of a movie and then we drove up to North Bend.

AND ON THE WAY BACK WE SAW A BLACK BEAR. He ran across 202 and, fortunately, the person in front of us saw him/her/it and stopped. Poor thing, it was kinda young and ran across and then started to run back the other way and then ran over and disappeared into the brush. Yay! First time I've ever seen one in the wild. Glad he/she/it was safe.

Anyway, drove back and stopped at DQ for a blizzard and then went home. The new glass for the old clock was here so we put that in. It was a tiny bit too large so I used the Dremel to grind down a notch and fit it in that way. Then I cleaned off the top shelf in my room and put it up there surrounded by other old family memorabilia, as well as Michele's family photo. I like it. It's a decent mantle clock, kind of a loud one but I like the sound of a ticking clock. It's very calming. Reminds me of quiet days at grandma's. Except I would have been monumentally bored.

Went to NGate to walk as I was searching for my college football magazine, but they didn't have it. Darn it.

Still good an melancholy most of the day, especially this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment