Sunday, July 3, 2016

3 July 2016 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Got up early this morning and went to work as usual. Worked only a half day. After dinner I saw Louise a little while and also talked to her over the phone. Bought myself a used [stad] $2.75 and [round] $.90. Went to the show with [Leis] and her sister tonight at the Capital $.50. Rode the bus home. Got to bed tonight about 2:00 this morning. Spent $4.15.
Weird night last night. Had two weird dreams, neither of which I can remember. I ended up on the floor because the cats were taking up the couch and I felt like the floor anyway. I felt really crappy most of the evening. Dunno why, something was just going through me. Actually slept quite well. I woke up 2-3 times after that and went to sleep unassisted each time. I repeated "Nothingness" to myself to try to, instead of whip my mind into a frenzy as I usually do to try to get through the sort of high-energy phase, maybe clear it completely and think of nothing. Worked this time and the night before, too. So I woke up at 4:30, which wasn't too bad considering I didn't lose much all night. Still felt tired all day though.

Had breakfast in, bland pancakes to take care of my poor guts. Did some minor chores and got my packing started. Still waiting on some t-shirts to put in the bag. Turns out I have TSA pre-Check so I don't have to stand in the long lines tomorrow. The TSA, by the way, is largely useless and stupid, in other words a typical government agency. They do next to nothing except provide security theater. Every time they're tested for weapons they fail 95% of the time. So, useless.

We went to McD's for lunch -- again, bland -- and then did some minor shopping at UVil. Came home, did a couple of things, and then went back to UVil for yogurt. Not a bad day, partly sunny. Mostly pleasant. When we got back I mowed the yard although it didn't really need it, and puttered around some. Fiddled with my guitar some. I'm not taking it with me to Wisconsin, but I packed in a few sheets of trumpet music and plan on playing my old cornet while there for fun. Might not have much time though, I plan on biking a lot.

We went to the thai place on 65th and 24th for dinner and then walked in the old neighborhood. That's a pleasant neighborhood, lots of older bigger houses and mostly nice gardening. Sort of the 65th and 23rd NE area. When we got back I pruned the holly bushes by the north side window back because they were getting out of hand and interfering with the electrical meter reader. Well, and the gas people have to go back there, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment