Friday, July 22, 2016

22 July 2016 (Friday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
After dinner this morning[sic] I went to work on the house again. Also I worked on some [rocks] this morning. Worked all afternoon cleaning up my Plymouth. Washed and polished it. Talked to Louise a couple of time today on the phone. After supper at Grandma's I came home and got cleaned up and played down at the Y.M.C.A. Got in about 1:00 this morning. 
Odd day today. I slept. . .well, okay had trouble going to sleep, needed assistance. Then I woke up at -- you guessed it -- 3:30 and had some minor assistance then, too. WHEN WILL I STOP. Workout went quite well, I really pushed it. It was raining so I had the Spousal Unit drop me off and then bussed it home. Did the usual bagel thang and then went to Cascadia. I did Meg's mapping stuff most of the time and also did a new project bid for a nice lady who was doing something on Whidbey. I also made a PDF copy of an old ethnographic work that I use a lot but we only had one copy of so I can use it wherever I am. Left there about 11:45. Went to McD's here but it was slow traffic for some reason. I had to come home and get my Alaska card so I could pay the contractors for Monday. Then I tried to get a sign printed -- my anti-SDOT sign -- but it was a pain in the ass. I figured I could just print it out and slap it on a board, but the lady was just offering hundreds of suggestions and junk and I started to wonder if she didn't like my message -- GO AWAY SDOT -- and just wanted to make it difficult. Hmmmm. Well, then I went to UVil and had a nice visit with Fiona at the SBux. Came home, futzed around, ordered a pizza for dinner, and made an awful salad. I started to watch a movie called Paper Towns which was basically a teen "coming of age" movie, which was kind of dumb, but I had to finish it. Meh. I suppose a teenager might find it very exciting and stuff. Walked the NGate.

I watched much of an old Bond movie last night, For Your Eyes Only, which was okay, although it had my favorite Bond Girl Carole Bouquet in it. But it was 1981 and I found myself really wishing I could go back to that year and start over. It seemed like a good place to re-start: I would have been in my first-second years of college and still had time to go in whatever direction I wanted to. What would I do? I'm not sure. I have thought about this before and not come to any firm conclusions. I definitely would keep in touch with Michele and the rest of my family; that is a given. I wasted so much time being away from all of them.

How I wish I could go back. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment