Wednesday, July 20, 2016

20 July 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Got up at Ray's place about 10:00. Watched T.V. until noon. Lee Roy came in little after lunch and we left about 1:30. Got home about 5:00. Borrowed Lee's car tonight and saw Louise at a party. Took her home. Got home about 10:30. Didn't get ready for bed until about 12:45. Louise made my [sare of city outed] tonight. Mainly it's just the way I feel. 
Man, I wish I knew what he was saying there, it sounded like feeeeeelings.

Busy day today. Slept okay UNTIL A LITTLE BEFORE 4 WHEN JACK DECIDED HE NEEDED TO TELL ME THAT HE WAS TAKING THE STICK OUT OF THE TV ROOM. Meh, at least I slept mostly through the night.

Rode the bike to the gym and had a decent enough workout. Rode back, did a little work while I ate my bagel, and then went to Cascadia. Worked there until about 11:45 and then went to McD's and came home to await the furnace guy. He called about 1:30 and asked if he could be late (until 3) and that was fine, so I went to the UVil to cash my check and sit in the SBux for a few. Also got some dinner stuff. Came home and awaited the furnace guy some more and he didn't get here until about 3:45. I practiced the guitar while I waited and futzed with Fat Bottomed Girls which I was cranking while driving through the UVil parking garage, heh.

Looks like they will do the work M-W next week so I will be at home all three days. Made dinner, walked.

Oh, the one box came today and the clock's glass was smashed. Man, that's two boxes I've sent that were smooshed and glass broke. I guess I can get a new one for like <$10 though. I looked it up and it's not a bad clock, probably worth about $150-250. It was Seth Thomas' cheaper middle-class brand in the 1930s (Plymouth Z 23 B). Good, but not a great clock. The other items came through fine. The one chime (flamingos) needs fixing though, the strings (fishing line) is all brittle and one broke every time I tried to tie it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment