Saturday, July 2, 2016

2 July 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Got up early this morning and went to work as usual. Sure had a long hard day. After dinner I went swimming at [Louis] pool for a little while. Saw Louise for a little while tonight also. Played the dance at [Tracy] tonight. Rode around with [Elmer] for a little while tonight. Got home about 2:00 this morning. Eats $.70. [drawing] $.40 Spent $1.10. 
Not feeling so hot right about now. Guts. Probably lunch. Well, I drank a bit of my beer before dinner, too. Blehh.

Slept faaaaaabulously last night. We went out for breakfast and it wasn't too good. I got a "Denver" omelette which was green pepper, onion, cheese, and ham. Blehh. Too dry. Too much cheese. I dunno, just blehh. I ate some of it and had some of the Spousal Unit's hash browns. I started downloading my Car Lust posts. The best way seems to be copy-and-pasting them individually into a Word document since just saving the page is really messy and only shows what's visible. Kinda tedious, but I think I'm about halfway?

Also watched some of Dr. No this morning. Got all nostalgic for my childhood again, when everything was much simpler. If you wanted to contact someone halfway around the world you sent a "cable". Every phone was a land line. Files were all paper. I would be writing this in a small booklet by hand.

We went to an estate sale down by the water (lake), meh. Then went to NGate for lunch. More blehh food. Went to a couple of other places and then took the SuBAru to the dealer to have the oil checked. Nothing amiss there. Came home, made dinner. Walked. Felt bad. Blehh.

Kind of a blehh day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment