Thursday, June 30, 2016

30 June 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Got up early as usually[sic] this morning. Had a good day to work today. Wasn't as hot as it has been. After work I went down and ate at Grandma's. Got a letter from Louise this evening. Called [Etters] up tonight to tell her to [joison] Louise a message. I went to bed about 7:30. I'm trying to get a good night's sleep. Monthly spending $35.95. TOTAL SPENDING FROM JAN $281.12.
Hmmm. Wonder if Louise dumped him.

Odd day. Slept okay. Had a really good last workout. I rode my bike there and back. I took the bus down to the UDist, although I realized too late that I should have walked. I got something to drink at the SBux and then mailed the Tolstoy book to my cousin Jen (Hank's kid); God, what a pit that post office is. Really, the whole UDist is an armpit. They do nothing about all the street people smoking weed and hanging out all over and the whole street just looks like a dump. Used to be a nice area.

Anne cut my hair and did a good job (at around 10:45). We theorized that the barbers don't cut it as short on top because maybe they think I need something of a combover up there. (!!!) It was nice to talk to her.

Then I went down to the Big 5 sports place and got some new goggles and then sat in the U Bookstore and perused my phone. Amazon sent out the notice that they're closing up Car Lust. Kind of sad. We were all kind of excited about moving it somewhere else, but I'm not sure it will happen. We'd need a space for it, someone would have to manage it and pay for it (although Blogger would work, and it's free). I dunno. It's going away July 7. I don't know how we'll get the content out. Good run though.

Spousal Unit met me down there and we went to Pagliacci's for lunch and then just came home. And waited around until 2 when we were supposed to meet the furnace and gas contractor, but they never showed. I piddled around, got my field gear ready for tomorrow, and then watched most of The Man From UNCLE movie. Not bad. Okay. I really liked the lead chick, Alicia Vikander, she was adorable. Dinner, walk, etc. I wore shorts all day expecting it to get sunny and it did. . . .at like 3. Looks like I'll have to get a rental car from the MKE airport to get to FdL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment