Saturday, June 25, 2016

25 June 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Got up early as usual and went to work. Was tired when I started this morning. Had a hard day. When I got home and ate at Grandma's and then got a little [ust] before play at the down[sic] at the [Tooey] tonight. [Elmer bugget] was her and then went and say Louise for a little while. Got in about 1:15 this morning. 
Interesting day. Slept okay. We went out for breakfast and even though I ate a decent amount I was hungry all morning. The in-laws (four women) were coming up to see us so we left around 10:15 and hit two estate sales in nice neighborhoods. Spousal Unit got a couple of things. We met them at 11:30-ish at UVil and they wanted to go to some Japanese place there and the wait was 1 hour and 15 minutes! They decided to anyway, so I decided to go to the IMA in the meantime. Turned out well, because the pool had some open lanes so I went swimming! I haven't seriously swum laps in probably 30 years. Worked out well though, the first few laps I had to rest in between but eventually I got into a steady rhythm and went for about 30 minutes. Form probably wasn't the greatest, but I did okay. I actually did much better than I thought I would and wasn't as wiped out as I'd thought. I did have a bit of trouble walking right afterwards though. But it went quite well.

They had actually been seated after 30 minutes so by the time I got near the UVil they had already started eating so I went to the QFC and scarfed down a donut because I was dying. I went up and sat down for a few minutes, enough to try some form of dessert. . . .thing. . . .and guzzle two Diet Cokes. Then we just wandered around with them. JAYsus, a ridiculous amount of eye candy down there today, too. Didn't get out of there until 5. Kind of nice day though. We just came home and ate a quick dinner of leftover pizza and went walking. Oddly, I wasn't really very hungry all afternoon. Dunno why swimming would do that. Maybe it was just because it cleared out my GI tract of anything gaseous. It does that. Anyway, I'm really glad I swam.

Me and swimming: We had an Olympic-sized pool in Fond du Lac and for two summers my brother and I would swim after work -- we both worked for the City Parks Dept. -- so I got at least decent at it. We would go for a mile in a little under an hour. I eventually decided to bike instead of swim (boring) but I did it a few times when I moved out here, but mostly dropped it for working out. I'd like to do it once or twice a week but the thing is crowded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment