Tuesday, June 21, 2016

21 June 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Got up early this morning and went to work as usual. Sure was hot in the orchard today. Sure was tired when I got home tonight. After supper at Grandma's and[sic] went down town and bought myself a water bag $1.60. As soon as I got home I went to bed about 7:00. [Lastional] to the [indis] for a while. Spent $1.60. 
Aha, so he's working in an orchard. That explains not working when it's raining. Eastern Washington has a lot of fruit orchards.

So, today. Not bad. I woke up and went to the TV room at 11:45 and it was raining (yay!). Woke up again at 2:30. Blehh. That meant I slept in three different locations! Four is the record. Anyway, ended up sleeping until almost 5 so that was good. Workout was. . . .okay. Felt kinda tired. As in not terribly energetic. Went downtown and convinced Rowena to get coffee with me and then got quite a lot done today. I did some investigating on the SPSS problem and then a couple of other things, and then revised the alcohol paper for the one millionth time. Oh, walked down the hill to have lunch with Janet, very pleasant. Walk back up wasn't even that bad. Stayed there until 3. Bus ride home was uneventful.

Nothing else exciting. Walked around here. The Spousal Unit talked with Norma the neighbor. Apparently, the whole story about the men in the basement for 6 hours was kind of a confusion about the MRI she'd had (still making her a bit whacky from the meds). So she wasn't really all that loopy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment