Tuesday, May 31, 2016

31 March 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Had a marching practice this morning. Had a big history test this [many afar]. Went down with Louise after she got her glass fixed after school. Got a [hiss] out this evening $1.00. Also got myself some bus tickets. Played pool with Louise down at the [Tool] a while tonight $.75. [Took Rogans] and Louise to the Donut Shop and had some eats $1.15. Got home about 11:00. Spent $2.90. (monthly spending $29.45).
Well, a decent day today. Productive. Very productive. That was due to something that struck me last night but I am not going to say what because it's a little weird and I also don't want to jinx myself. Suffice it to say, I got a lot done today and I wish this attitude was permanent.

At any rate, I slept kind of okay, but with assistance twice (minor though it was). Ended up waking up at a little before 4:30 so I was at least well hydrated for my workout, which was AWEsome. Went downtown and started working immediately, although I ended up discovering a problem with the last data merging -- some new forms/data sets were added that didn't make it into the code -- so I started running those again. Also updated some diagnoses that Sharon had looked into. And did some more work on my alkyhol paper, although the final analysis I ended up getting stuck being able to say more than one sentence on. So that is problematic. Rowena and I went over for coffee this morning and then to get her some lunch and me a banana at 1:30. Beautiful sunny day. I ate lunch out behind Harborview and some chick had her dog back there and she was throwing a tennis ball for him to run after. That was delightful, he was having so much fun. When I was leaving he started bringing the ball to other people out there and they were throwing it for him.

Bus ride was uneventful although two old County people were at the bus stop and we chatted. Ordered dinner out since the Spousal Unit was doing a Good Deed by picking up and driving home one of her employees who was having minor surgery at a hospital. . . .and she is still not home yet. The person was supposed to go in at like 2 but ended up not going in until 4 and as of 6 she still had an hour or hour and a half before she could leave (or find out if they were keeping her over night). No good deed goes unpunished, I guess. So I'm by myself. I walked to the post office and mailed a package, then up north a little ways, and then back south to the Safeway so I could get some cream cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment