Sunday, May 29, 2016

29 May 2016 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Slept in until about 10:30 this morning. Louise [auded] this morning. Worked on the car some. Went down to Louise's place a little while this afternoon. Got thrown out of the house by her old man. Ate at [Don's]. Slept a little this afternoon. Played a dance a[sic] [Tray] tonight. Bought Louise a [marble] for a graduation present $7.00. Got home from the [huss] and in bed about 1:30. Eats $.70. Spent $7.70.
Don't know what he bought her, sure looks like 'marble' though.

Odd day today. I did have a short(ish) but fairly intense anxiety attack (or whatever) in the middle of the night. I don't even remember what it was about. Oh, a couple of things I decided I probably shouldn't have said or done or something. Nothing major, but the usual hyperinflated sense of tragedy. Managed to get back to sleep (with assistance) and slept until around 4:30.

Um, then I watched auto racing. From 5 am until 7 pm.

Well, not continuously. I watched the whole F1 race (Monaco) and then we had breakfast and then watched the start of the Indy 500 until about when it was half over and then we went out to do various things. Had to gas up the SuBAru and get some cat litter. Had lunch at NGate. Went to the NGate QFC, too. Bought fish.

Let me state this clearly: I can not cook fish or steak. With minor exceptions. I can make passable teriyaki salmon on the grill, and fry up sole or tilapia or something like that. Otherwise, ferget it. I'm okay with this.

Also watched the start of the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR around 3:15 and that just finished. I missed a lot of the middle of that one, too. Not an exciting race though, Martin Truex led something like 396 out of 400 laps.

What else. I drank a bit of beer this afternoon, the last can of Even Keel 3.8%. It's really got the right amount of alcohol for me, but I don't like the flavor. Waaaaay too fruity. My next brewing goal will be to make something like a typical American lager (perhaps a bit more hoppy) with about 3.8% alcohol, which works out to really about hat Near Beer used to be (3.2% by weight which is about 4% by volume). That would suit me admirably. Need to drink the rest of this bitter that I made though.

Felt kinda meh all day again. I think it was just hangover from yesterday (not alcohol hangover, just the basic feeling of kind of ugh).

Rained in the morning and a little in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment