Wednesday, May 25, 2016

25 May 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Louise skipped school and went to town to do [car] shopping. Changed a tire on my car went[sic] I got home tonight. Ate at Louise's place tonight and came back and did some more work on the car. Saw Louise about 9:30 and we stayed at her place until about 12:00. I drove the Dodge home tonight. Got to bed about 1:00 this morning. [Capital F in a circle]
FWIW, I almost always go to bed at 9, read for half an hour, then turn out the lights at 9:30. Wake up at 5. Well, usually earlier.

One pop culture trivia note: I've been watching a TV called The Flash -- he was my favorite comic book superhero -- and it's okay. Not bad. Not great. But they had a recurring role for the actor John Wesley Shipp who also played The Flash in a one-season 1990-91 series (in this one he played The Flash's father). Anyway, I always thought that earlier show had a really neat style to it; very art deco and such. At the season finale last night it turned out that in an alternate dimension the same person was that world's Flash and they sent him back in his alternate-world Flash outfit which was the same one he wore back in the old series. I thought that was nicely done.

So, today: Managed to sleep okay, rode my bike to the IMA and had a pretty decent workout. I just did a little work here and then went to Cascadia to see if there was anything to do there (not) and instead just worked on Coptic stuff there. I put in another 220-ish diagnoses, all cytology. Some were messed up (what else is new) but Sharon (in Kenya) and I are working on them together. She's great. Very good. We also give each other props in the public space so we have each other's backs that way. Works well, I praise her, she praises me, it's all good. Hopefully $$$ for both of us out of it.

I left at 11:30 and then went to McD's where there were three high school girls in line ahead of me and I made sure to stare at my phone because I wasn't going to be caught staring at their (truly magnificent) butts. Such are the travails of being a man in a spandex world. I just had fries.

Came home and then walked up to the barber shop on 55th and 35th, after making a failed attempt at surgery on my finger where the supposed splinter still is (couldn't see anything). I sliced away at the area again this evening but still can't see anything.

Then walked down to UVil and hung out there for a bit, and then walked home after getting a couple things from the QFC. I put my phone's music player to randomly play individual songs and this was what I ended up with:
A Jimmy Buffett song
REO Speedwagon
Midnight Oil
(I think) Palestrina
Rush (Something for Nothing)
Something else.

I practiced my guitar for almost an hour. Didn't do all that well, but I read an article today about the benefits of 'deliberate practice' and so figured I just had to practice more!

Went to UVil.

No comments:

Post a Comment