Monday, May 23, 2016

23 May 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Slept in until about 12:00. Ate dinner at Grandma's today. After dinner Louise and the kids went out to [Sportsman] Park for a[sic] afternoon picnic. About 7:00tonight we went out to the drive-in theater and saw a real good show $1.30. Eats $.40. Came down to the house after the show. Gas $1.00. Walked Louise home and got back home and to bed about 2:30 this morning. Spent $2.70. 
Sportsman Park is still there!

Well, today started kinda badly, with me waking up at 3:30 and having a mini anxiety attack (or whatever). I didn't take anything and might have dozed off again, but I doubt it. I didn't feel too bad most of the day though. I decided to ride my bike in to the gym and that's what I did. I decided that I need to drop a couple of pounds -- mainly get my gut down to nothing -- in preparation for Wisconsin in July. Well, errrrmmm, my cousin has a nice pool in her back yard and on the chance I go up there and have to take my shirt off I, simply put, want to look hot. Well, not "hot" maybe; just buff. So I'm starting the process now. I will ride the bike as much as I can and I didn't have a mocha this morning and tried to eat not as much as usual.

I am fully aware, of course, that all this work will no doubt no pay off at all and I probably won't even see her. But that's cool, I need to drop my (admittedly minor) 'inner tube'.

I had planned on working on Coptic stuff most of the morning but my desktop email was all buggered and I spent a lot of time trying to fix that. Wouldn't send anything. I finally deleted the Outgoing Server and replaced it and then it worked.

Actually it didn't. I just checked and emails were still all backed up. I got a reply from UW IT and they fixed it, so now 7 emails have gone out all at once. Gaaah.

So, what else. Had to pop over to Cascadia to do a little thing for the Parks invoice, that was on the way back from the Spam's Club. I stopped by the house to pick up the stove light bulb, hit McD's for lunch, and then got new bulbs. And then back home. I was going to do some yard work but it was sprinkling, so I fiddled around and then did some of the actual Coptic work. Did that until about 3:30. Made brats for dinner. Walked. Tried not to eat too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment