Monday, May 2, 2016

2 May 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Slept in until about 11:00 this morning. Louise called me up and got me out of bed. We talked [lots] a while. Went to dinner at grandma's this noon. Stay home most of the afternoon. Louise[sic] cousin came in from [Terging] today. Louise's sister did a lot of English work for me tonight. Did a lot of school work [unk]. Got to bed about 12:00. Sin [Roger] $1.00 for [dor] work. Spent $1.00. 
So anyway. Warm again today (85). I rode my bike to the IMA this morning and was cooooooold. I think it was in the 40s. Happily, I haven't found it all that difficult riding back uphill thanks to. . .whatever. Must be the squats. Did okay at the gym. Did a bad thing though, asked Monnie if that was her sister or daughter I saw at the UVil. . . .and I thought she said daughter! It wasn't. So I went with daughter and got it wrong. Oogh. I believe she bought that my head was all loopy from lack of oxygen. I hope so anyway.

While riding on the Burke Gilman some guy passed me. Singing.

"I want to ride my bicycle. . .I want to ride my bike. . ." (that's an old Queen song, btw)

Heh.

At least it knocked out the dippy dance club song that I'd had in my head at the time.

Came home, ate bagel, did some work, headed to Cascadia in my Mustang. I worked on the one report where I found midden most of the time, leaving around 1:30. Was having some trouble finagling it since I'm not entirely sure it even was midden -- it was right under fill and either over more fill or sitting right on beach deposits which doesn't seem right -- and didn't want to make it so expensive for the homeowner if it wasn't (i.e, an excavation permit). Also finished up the Renton report as well. I need to fix something with it though.

I went to UVil after that only to sit at the SBux since I felt I needed a break. And, um, also because it was so nice out I knew there'd be abundant scenery. Well, not that much anyway. But it was nice and relaxing.

Came home and had an awful guitar practice. I dunno, sometimes I just have bad ones. Buzzing strings, slow and sloppy chord changes, ick. Made dinner, went to UVil since the Spousal Unit needed some supplies.

Oh, the squirrels are starting to get greedy. They hang out in the back and look at us for food from like 4-6. I try not to feed them too much or too often since I don't want to make them dependent on us (and they might start getting feisty about it), but the Spousal Unit can't resist when they sit up on their haunches and look all cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment