Thursday, May 19, 2016

19 May 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Got out of most of 2nd period and all of third periodfor band practice. Also got out of 6th per. Stayed after school a good while to get some help on my work. Played in the spring festival concert tonight at the high school. Went home with Louise tonight and I didn't get home until 2:30 this morning. Eats $.60. Coke $.05. Spent $.65.
Up and down day today. At the moment it is raining heavily and the gutters are overflowing onto the deck roof making quite a racket, albeit a pleasing one. Was mostly pleasant all day, except a little cool, only like 58.

Back to the ups and downs. I slept quite well; chemical free all the way until almost 4:45. Right before I woke up I was dreaming that all of us kids (plus Aunt Phyllis) were back home in Fond du Lac. We were all at the house in the late afternoon and were planning on going to Schwartz's Super Club (which we never did). Dad was there as well, and also mom, but mom was her 20-something self. It made me very happy even though I knew it was, well, literally and figuratively just a dream.

Workout was kind of mild, since my back was still hurting and so is my left knee so I am planning on taking it easy for a couple of weeks. No squats, no lunges, moderate weight. It's clearing out down there since it's almost the end of the school year. When I came home I worked on both GH stuff and also a little bit of Cascadia, mostly just making up CDs of the archived projects and such. I did that most of the morning.

Sadly, Sara the Nurse -- one of mom's caregivers and out favorite -- posted on Facebook that her mom had died this morning. She had cancer and was actually in residence at the Lutheran Home as well, so it wasn't a surprise, but it was still sad. Her wish a couple of weeks ago was that she would make it to Mother's Day, which she did so that was a good thing. Still. . . .I lit a vigil light for her and her family this afternoon and got all choked up; I was looking for a sympathy card and got all choked up; and then I came home and was just sobbing for about five minutes. I didn't even know her, but I feel bad for Sara and there's just been too much dying lately. I didn't do anything else the rest of the afternoon, just gave the cats attention and diddled around.

I'd gone to McD's for lunch and then went to UVil for the card in the afternoon. We went back this evening as it was looking like rain so I mailed the card then and we went to the Bartell's as well. I traded in the pennies at the QFC coin machine (it counts it all and then takes a cut) because I didn't feel like sorting all of them out, and then bought lottery tickets with the amount.

So, I dunno. Just kind of a bummer of a day, although it was fairly pleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment