Tuesday, May 17, 2016

17 May 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Everything about the same. After school Louise and I walked down town to get her [messed suit] and to get Monty and Janet a wedding present [$2.00]. [Pop  on sales say] $.40. Louise and her cousin had a big fight tonight and she left. Louise had supper with me tonight. Went down [as] stayed with her until after 1:00 this morning. 
At the moment I'm really ticked off because this folder I had has been sitting around getting in the way for days and now that I need it I CAN'T FIND IT.

Well, today kinda sucked anyway. Mainly because it started before 4 so I've been tired all day. Had a decent workout but my lower back really spasmed hard near the end. Hasn't happened in quite a while and, yes, while I was doing squats. May need to get rid of squats again, although they really hadn't been bothering me. Oh well.

Work was kind of dreary (downtown). I did some work on the alcohol paper, mainly poking around to find a good letter or brief report to model a new version on. Then I did some fiddling with the diagnoses and ended up probably having a whole mess of 'em wrong. Diana at The Met called while I was on the bus to let me know that she was positive the ring pictures I'd sent were modern (which I'd figured), so it was nice to talk to her again. I did some more poking around on the ring and found it was probably an art deco thing associated with a German fraternity, K√∂sener Senioren-Convents-Verband (KCSV) which was engraved on the inside. Probably 1920s. I'd like to find out more but may have reached a dead end.

Bus ride home was uneventful although I'd forgotten my card so I had to pay cash for it. Walked down to the Metropolitan Market for our walk, saw Yukon the dog who was playful and wanted pets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment