Saturday, May 14, 2016

14 May 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Sure was tired today. Had a test in English and in Biology class. Louise and her girl friend and I got the Plymouth and drove around town for a while. [Hous] got [hind] from the dance band today. Louise took to the dance and I played and then she picked me up and we went out a little while. Eats $1.00. Getting to bed about 1:00. Spent $1.00. 
Not sure if she got cut from the dance band or what.

An odd day today. I went to sleep for like a half an hour last night and then woke up, went to the TV room and went back to sleep pretty quickly (with assistance? Can't remember). However, then I woke up at 3:15 and my mind was going about a thousand miles an hour and I was NOT going to feel like crap the rest of the day so I took a small bit of ambien and happily went back to sleep until almost 5:30. Ahhhhhhh.

We went out for breakfast. All I ate were hash brown and bacon. Been wanting bacon.

DIdn't do much this morning although I had a decent guitar session. I'm getting close to the point -- actually I'm already doing it some -- where I can make actual music! By that I mean I'm not doing the chords so badly that whatever else I do doesn't make a difference. Stretching myself a little bit. Am actually getting better at bar chords, too. I did two sessions today, one in the afternoon as well. Go me.

We hit an estate sale up in Shoreline, bought nothing. Whoever it was was a smoker, place smelled. I will admit it's not a totally awful smell to me because I think many houses growing up used to smell like that. So in a way it's kind of nostalgic.

We went for lunch at Ivar's on Aurora after that and then stopped at the Goodwill on 145th and 15th, where some guy was involved in a hit and run. We just saw some guy running away from his car and shouting and didn't know what was going on. Turned out some dude in a pickup had backed into the stall next to him while his door was open and smooshed it, then looked like he was going over to park somewhere but then took off. Guy didn't have a cell phone so I used mine to call 911 and report it and so that was that. Good deed for the day. Didn't find anything interesting in the Goodwill except for some old Panasonic Thrusters speakers. They sucked. But I remember them because they had passive radiators and I think made them look bad so nobody else made them except a few companies, like Genesis which I bought. And loved.

Anyway, went for ice cream, came home, goofed around, made meat loaf and Broccoli-Cauliflower Supreme, both delicious, and then walked at NGate.

Kinda cool and rainy today. But apparently there were some FLURRIES in Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment