Wednesday, May 11, 2016

11 May 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Had a session for a history test tomorrow in class today. Went with Louise and her cousin down to get her [coasing, probably 'drivers'; ed.] license. Ate dinner with [Lou] tonight and also stayed and helped her do some working. Took her out driving around some tonight. Didn't get in here and in bed until after 1:10 this morning. Am not as tired as usual. 
Ah, last day of temporary bachelorhood. Good one. Had difficulty getting to sleep last night so I spent the night on the couch and Jack slept next to me almost all night. I woke up at like 4:15 which could have been better but whatever. Had a decent workout, rode my bike in. Cold this morning. Stewart was complaining about feeling like an old car so I told him "It's not the age, it's the mileage." and he liked that. I worked most of the morning on a couple of reports, finishing one up mostly. I walked to SBux. Went and had lunch at McD's. When I got home I worked a little more and then mowed the yard. It's sunny and probably 80 today.

Plan is to walk to UVil and have dinner there, buy a gift bag for Lisa's gift for tomorrow, walk home, and wait for the Spousal Unit to call. She's going to take the rail from the airport to the station near Husky Stadium where I shall then pick her up.

Later: Did indeed walk to UVil. Dinner at Chipotle (meh) and then yogurt. Sat in the sun. Went to QFC to order bagels for next week and get some cream cheese and gift wrap and then walked home via Burke-Gilman. 30 minutes by that route, five minutes longer than going over the hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment