Sunday, May 1, 2016

1 May 2016 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Got up and had breakfast this morning and then played and marched in the big parade this morning at 10:00. Lasted about an hour and then played for the big Apple Blossom show in the afternoon. Yakima was the host band there. We did real good. Got home about 8:00. Played a dance a[sic] [Tony Tango]. [My hold] of a [fuss] with Louise old man tonight. Eats $2.25. Spent $2.25.
Louise's dad sure doesn't like him. It's his future father in law!

I had a decent day altogether. Slept okay although. . . .yes, I needed minor assistance last night. I think. Yes, I did. Ate breakfast in. Didn't go to Mass although I should have. I read out on the front steps for a while and then did a few Sunday chores. Ended up napping again. The race was on at 10 this morning (NASCAR). I also watched most of the Russian Grand Prix as well, so it was a race morning.

Went to UVil as usual and were able to sit outside for lunch, sunny and 75ish today. Did the usual. Didn't do much this afternoon I don't think. Complaint: Stores used to have already cut up chickens, called it the Best of Fryer (basically the legs, breasts, and wings). For whatever reason they don't do that anymore. I guess people don't cook whole chickens much. Well, they either cook whole ones or individual parts. Anyway, I got a whole one and cut it up and that's the last time I do that, what a mess. Turned out okay though. The collards didn't; I forgot about them and ended up ummm. . 'carmelizing' the onions. Ergh.

Walked up to the Riot Aid. Mostly a pleasant Sunday.

Oh, mom apparently fell out of bed early this morning. She claimed she just rolled out but we're not sure we're buying that. Maybe she was just bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment