Saturday, April 23, 2016

23 April 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Started marching again this morning at 7:30. Had test in Biology first thing. [I figited] this afternoon. After supper tonight I just sat around and listened to radio. Louise had to baby sit tonight. Polished my shoes for the parade in the morning. Sure am not feeling to[sic] good this evening. Had a cold evening. Getting to bed about 11:00 tonight. [Cola] $.05 Spent $.05.
I wonder what the parade is for? Wasn't Easter. Hmmm.

Anyway. Managed to sleep pretty well last night. Went out for breakfast. Meh. Well, it was okay.

Came home and swept up the floors TO REMOVE ANY AND ALL SPRUCE NEEDLES obviously. I actually played my guitar this morning and was having quite a nice time doing so. I think I'm to the point where I can actually play something worthwhile; kind of an inflection point where I can see myself improving. Or something. Hard to explain. I feel like I've passed some significant point. Mostly my fingers getting stronger. That was very much needed.

Finally settled down to watch a bit of TV and took a short nap, and then we left for lunch (BBQ place) and an estate sale (nuthin'), and then stopped by Cascadia to pick up a screen and the papers for the survey Monday. Shouldn't be a big deal; it's just a wall on the beach which we'd done already for someone else and there was nothing in the beach area. Wish I could remember what the report I wrote for that was. . . .

Anyway. Went there and then got some ice cream and stopped by the QFC for dinner stuff and then came home. I fiddled with the guitar a bit but not much (fingers were kinda sore). Mostly piddled around. Jack was demanding attention so I gave him a good 10 minutes of scratching and the brush.

Walked at UVil cuz it looked like it was going to rain. Didn't. Much.

I watched the last half of Ice Station Zebra this afternoon. Cool movie. 1968. I remember back in the Cold War days how awful things seemed. And then in 1990 it was just. . . .over. I had grown up with it and figured it would last my entire life. And then it was just. . . .over. I don't think that whole thing gets enough attention anymore. Probably because it was mostly Republicans that ended it so the entertainment media can't bring itself to celebrate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment