Friday, April 22, 2016

22 April 2016 (Friday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Louise and I went to the marching practiced[sic] today at 7:30 this morning. Didn't go to English class today. Had a test in History today. Got sick at school today and came home at noon with Ron. Dad and I went to the [cafe star on] $.70. Got Louise some [dophijes] licorice [made] $1.00. Louise and I played the dance tonight at U.S.O. We stayed out until about 2:30 this morning. [capitol F in a circle] Got to bed again about 3:00. $.05 coke Spent $1.75.
Definitely code for something illicit.

I think I slept okay last night. Was awake at some point for a while. Excellent workout this morning, too. Some young asian chick keeps checking me out. What else. I worked at home most of the morning doing Coptic stuff. I found 15 more cytology Dx's for the non-randomized people which was pretty good. Need more though. Also wrote up some more on my thing for Michele. It's very cathartic writing about all I did for the past few years to get over all the anxiety/mid-life crisis/whatever. I can't remember the timing of various things though. It does make me recall how far along I've come.

News from home: They approved mom for 30 more days of therapy! Which is good. Here is our Facebook exchange, however:
Anthony J. Cagle: Go mom! Go mom!
Carol Cagle (actually Barb, my sister): She has already stated that she's "not going to try harder" and she "likes to be in charge"
Anthony J. Cagle: Someone is in need of some attitudinal adjustment.
But its still good news. Hopefully she can get rid of the feeding tube soon and the, well, diapers.

What else. Went to McD's for lunch (only french fries), set up the gas to start things in motion, and then made iced tea. Went to UVil to cash a check and then hung out at SBux for a bit. LOTS of scenery today. What else. Eh, came home, piddled around, made dinner, walked at NGate, and I bought some new underwear. I've gotten particular about that. The fly-door has to be the right kind and stuff. They're Tommy Johns, which are a bit pricey and don't last very well, but they feel pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment