Wednesday, April 20, 2016

20 April 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Started practicing some marching [moves] at 7:00 as usual this morning. Got in a fight in history class today and got sent to the office. After school Louise and I went down to the church and got my Plymouth and drove around town. Did a little English at the library with the help of Louise. [We you] at [Lan's] place a little while tonight. She drove me home in the Dodge. Gas $.50. Coke $.05. Spent $.55.
Am beat as I type this. But happy. Michele called me last night and we chatted a while which made me very happy. She was in California for a few days seeing her daughter and was in a bad mood when she got home due to leaving her there and coming back to 46 degrees and cloudy and said my card made her feel really good.

I mostly slept well last night, once I got to sleep and until 3:30 WHEN I WOKE UP FOR NO GOOD REASON. Mind just started racing. I just got up and said &#%$ it. Had a decent workout. Well, no, a really good one. Rode my bike in which went really well. Didn't even burn out my legs on the way back (up the hill). Probably the last time for a while, but I liked it.

I spent the morning at home working on Coptic stuff. Was going to go to Cascadia but didn't know TT had attached her edits of the report Monday and then I couldn't download it, so I just worked here. I worked until about 11 and then drove the hose back up to Fred Meyer. Guy said 50% of those hoses get returned for leaks. I went to McD's for lunch and Norma and Marge were there so we chatted for a good long while. Like an hour. Heh. Let's see, went to UVil and mailed a bill, sat in SBux for a bit to no spectacular scenery (I mean, it wasn't bad, but I expected more and better given the weather) and then went up to Ace for downspout pipe.

That's when the trouble began. Got the pipe okay but then found the damage was worse than I had thought, but figured out a way to get it up there properly. . .but then I cut the pipe from the wrong end. Grrrrr. Back to Ace to get new pipe. Struggled with that for a while, when the Spousal Unit came home and assisted which was needed. Finally got it done around 4:30 so it was a 2 hour job. Was d-a-i-d daid afterward.

We went to UVil for our walk because I was beat and we needed milk anyway and I got a new watermelon, too, and scarfed some of it down when I got back. Probably will be thirsty all evening.

But a decent day, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment