Tuesday, April 19, 2016

19 April 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Dad took me to school early this morning. Started marching at 7:00 this morning. Had a test in history this morning. Not as hard as usual. Ate supper at home tonight. Louise and I went to band practice this evening at 7:15 until 9:30. Drove around town a little. When I got ate[sic] a bit and got to bed. She took the Dodge home with her tonight. Gas $1.00. Pop $.25. Spent $1.25.
I may start playing my trumpet again anyway. I had fun doing it. I thought of that because, A) I'm listening to Herb Alpert while typing this, and B) The marching practice reminded me of when I was in band. We would practice marching all around town. We'd start at the high school and then just start marching all over the place. We could do that because it was a small town with little traffic during mid-day. The band director would walk ahead of us and look out for cars and we would just march and play, march and play.

Anyway. Bad night sleeping last night. Couldn't get to sleep (or dozed lightly), then had a tough time getting back to sleep, and then I woke up at 2:45 and had a tough time getting back to sleep again. Sheesh. Felt pretty good today though. Workout (legs) started off kinda iffy but I got stronger as I went and ended up working really hard. Squats are going well, haven't had any problems with my back (*knock wood*). I went straight downtown after hitting the Rotunda, which irritated me since they quit selling large sodas. Probably because those nitwits decided they didn't like people drinking big sodas. I'm going to say this because I feel it needs to be said:

Assholes.

So I went downtown, and started working almost immediately. I spent the whole day getting the 6- and 12-month diagnoses for the non-randomized LEEP patients. They were unsuitable for cryo treatment and so were just treated and then followed. Only 90 people so it's manageable. So far quite a number have serious diagnoses (cytology, aka pap smears) after 6- and 12-months. As if the treatment did nothing. So, interesting. Also walked down and had lunch with Janet who I adore. We sat outside and I enjoyed the scenery. Only had some salad type stuff because I didn't want a heavy meal to walk back up the hill. Had some trouble finding music I wanted to listen to while doing the somewhat tedious work. Ended up with Duran Duran.

Bus ride home was uneventful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment