Tuesday, March 8, 2016

8 March 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Everyone practiced their solos this morning in band in preparation for tomorrow. Had a big history test this morning. Went down town with dad after he picked me up from school. [Dayton a road] $.35. Came home and practiced some. Laurie's dad was down for a little while this evening. Ate at Grandma's. Stayed home tonight and got a [hair] out and got to bed about 11:00. Spent $.35. 
I slept magnificently last night. Really. Woke up once, went to the TV room, back to sleep, alarm. Workout was pretty okay, too. There was a tall, stunning blonde that I touched! Well, she had her headphones on and I touched her arm because she was staring at her phone and asked if she was done with the one squat rack. Heh. Other than that, not much excitement.

Yesterday one box arrived, the one with the glasses. One side was crushed and the Miller glass was rubble. Happily, the Hamm's made it okay. Today the big one arrived at 11:15 and I didn't even hear it. This one made it fine. Happy to have all of them.

Anyway, I worked at home all day and didn't accomplish a great deal although I finally fixed the date problem. Some dates were in the data as mm/dd/yy and others as dd/mm/yy but the former were in a date code and kept not importing/exporting properly. Took some doing, but I finally determined that the codes were the # of days since Dec. 30 1899 so I was able to convert them manually. There's still something funny about them though. All of the dd/mm ones seem to have only double-digit day numbers. Like nothing 1-9. Must investigate that tomorrow. I didn't even go to SBux in the morning. Am cutting back on that.I went for lunch at McD's though and got a Quarter Pounder for the first time in a long time. Wasn't too much for me to eat either.

I can't say I did a whole lot of work today. . .people aren't getting back to me, except for Sharon. Still haven't gotten the end-of-2015 data yet.

Had a half hour with the guitar. Was using the pick again and really just working on getting a few chords down without any buzzing at all. I was only marginally successful at that. The pick really uncovers those.

Walked around here tonight. Was really trying to walk normally on the left foot, although I'm not sure what 'normal' is anymore. Maybe I've been walking abnormally for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment