Saturday, March 19, 2016

19 March 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954. . . .in the slammer! (Friday):
Had some [damn] stuff to eat this morning and at noon. Beans and mush. Dad sent up a box of candy and Mr. Ball sent up my school books. Did some work on my history. 
I think I can definitely look forward to 10 days of short entries. Heh. He'll probably get more studying done than in the rest of his high school career.

I had a so-so day. I woke up at 4 and got up because my mind was going a thousand miles an hour, but I went back to sleep for probably 45 minutes around 5:30. The Spousal Unit didn't get up until 7:30 so I just made pancakes. Kinda did nothing all morning, was tired. Took another short nap. Just didn't have a lot of energy all morning.

We went to NGate's Ivar's for lunch and I just had some salmon. Wasn't all that hungry. But THEN we went to the big wine and beer store by NGate and I found some beer with 3.8% alkyhol. Had a can of it this afternoon and, although I didn't care a whole lot for the taste -- bit too fruity and hoppy -- it was okay on the alcohol content. I could really drink the whole thing if I was really thirsty and not worry too much about feeling awful, although I kinda nursed it for an hour. So, I think I shall attempt to make my own <4% beer and tailor it to my liking.

Made dinner of all potatoes and vegetables on the grill and then went to NGate for a walk. I got an $80 fleece-lined flannel shirt (like a shirt-jacket) for. . .$8! Yeah. Wearing it now.

Was in kind of a pissy mood most of the day but then was listening to a song and reminded myself of Wisconsin and then felt better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment