Wednesday, March 16, 2016

16 March 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Tuesday):
Had a marching practice this morning before the assembly. It was a [gannish] meeting assembly. Walked Laurie home after school and then walked back down town with Laurie and her sister. After supper at grandma's O went down to Ron's for a little while. Came home about 9:00 and studied on my History until after 11:00. Am sure tired tonight. Had a bite to eat and am getting to bed in a hurry. 
Good news: I can almost play "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". Badly. But close! I practiced a good 45 minutes this afternoon and was doing quite well. Hate to take it up again this evening since I'd probably do badly and then feel bad. So I shan't.

Slept pretty well last night. Good workout, too. I came home and had my bagel and then went to Cascadia. I worked on the report for Ft. Ebey most of the morning and ate my yesterday's sandwich for lunch. Was listening to the old 98.9 radio station online -- Zeppelin all morning -- but didn't hear the transition to the new format. Which is hard rock! I was expecting either sports or some dippy pop music thing. We're going to get 30 days of commercial free stuff, too! I liked the selection, good mix of old and new and a few that I hadn't heard before. Reminded me of WAPL back home, without the hair metal and Kiss. So I'll have that on a lot for the next month.

When I got home -- by way of the hardware store for a wood screw -- I put up the old Mary and Jesus picture from St. Pat's. I need to write that on the back, too, for posterity. I like it there. Reminds me of home.

I went to UVil to drop off the cable box package and then to SBux for a bit, but only sat in the QFC one. Got some salad for dinner and then came home and did the guitar thing. Still kinda sloppy fingering, but they're going to the proper places more quickly and without thinking. Was even doing a halfway decent bar chord, though not quickly.

I walked most of the way of our long walk and my foot was doing kinda better. Sunny and maybe 53 today, pretty pleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment