Monday, March 14, 2016

14 March 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Slept in until 10:00 this morning. Got up and went to dinner. After dinner I worked on the car and did a lot of work on my [rash honch]. Worked on it until about 4:00. Laurie's girl friend call up to to and so did Laurie and her sister. Had supper here about 9:30. Did a little bit of studying and got to bed about 11:00. Dad is about [sick] tonight. I [and] am a little tired.
So right now the old KLCK 98 FM is playing 6 hours of AC/DC. This morning at 6 it was Neil Diamond -- which I listened to most of and enjoyed it quite a bit -- and then Madonna from noon to 6. I'll probably listen more by the time it changes formats than I ever did in its old form. Which is, I suppose, why. . . .

Anyway, had a weird dream shortly after falling asleep last night. First I was at Tim's house (Madison) and eating dinner or something with Tim and Beth and I had been drinking wine and was starting to wonder if I was being too loud or something, but then they disappeared and I found myself alone in their house (which was actually not their house at all, it was kinda ratty) and wondering what I was doing there by myself in their house. Then I started feeling like I was sobering up and then I woke up. Whew. Weird. And now my bizarro dream is there for posterity!

Went to the TV room and slept the night on the floor. Sometimes it's kind of comforting in a way to sleep on the floor. My hips were starting to hurt by morning though. Woke up at 4:30 so between enough sleep, pasta for dinner, and hydration I had a BITCHIN' workout this morning. Could have gone for a couple of hours. I stayed home all morning and worked mostly on Coptic stuff. Michael offered me another 10-25% so I should be reasonably set for a while. At least making enough to hit my IRA limit again this year. That's the important thing. I even ate lunch in! Leftover thai. I did go to the UVil because I needed bagels and had to sit at the QFC SBux because the main one was full up. *harumph*

I practiced guitar for a bit when I got back. Went okay. Still having a lot of buzzing on C and G chords but my fingers are getting steadily stronger. That's the main thing I'm working on now is just getting the finger strength and dexterity. Am not worrying too much about song playing right now.

Went to NGate to walk because the Spousal Unit had to get a bunch of Cinnabons for work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment