Monday, February 8, 2016

8 February 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Everything about the same in school today. Did some drawing during study hall period today. Walked Laurie home after school this evening and then walked on home. Drove down to Grandma's for supper and then went down to the Library and did some studying. Went by and saw Shirley Holly for a little while. Did a little study[sic] onhistory tonight. Got to bed early. 
First full day as a bachelor. Busy, too. I slept pretty well last night, neither of the cats came in. I started to drive the Honda this morning but the windshield was all fogged up and would have taken a while to clear so I jumped into the SuBAru and drove it instead. Had a dandy workout despite the wine I drank last night.

Stopped by UVil to get new bagels and came home. I left for Cascadia fairly quickly, and got a couple of things straightened out there. Sent out a cost estimate so I'll have some work to do on that if we get it. What else. . . . .not much. Left there about 11:40 and went to McD's for lunch and then came home for a bit to drop stuff off. I drove over to the Office Despot to get boxes to pack the sediment samples in, and was just going to buy all 6 there and then hang at SBux, but I didn't know if the ones there wold fit properly so I bought one and took it home to check. Worked okay, so I went back and got 5 more and some packing tape. Then hung out at SBux. Meh.

When I came home I packed up the boxes. I ran out of tape on box #4 so I still have some to do there. But they look good. I'm happy they're going away. I really shouldn't have them. Besides, they take up space. They are various bags of sediment that wouldn't fit through window screen size (I think) from Kom el-Hisn in Egypt. Collected in 1986 and 1988. They were bags of sediment that were "floated" or dumped into water, agitated, and whatever organic junk floated to the top was skimmed off and analyzed (plants). I used a bunch of them for my MA thesis. Not the most informative stuff. Worthwhile for an undergrad project though.

Anyway, I did that, and then did some more chores and finally sat down for a bit to watch TV and get dinner ready, which was mostly leftovers anyway. I walked all the way to UVil to get more packing tape. Quite a decent hike, a brisk 25 minutes each way, up and down hills.

Aunt Nancy's funeral is Friday. Can't make it, don't get there until Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment