Saturday, February 6, 2016

6 February 2016 (Saturday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Slept in this morning until about 12:30. Went down to Grandma's for dinner when I got up and then took the Dodge and went down town and bought myself some sheet music $1.50. Picked Laurie [sister] up down town and then took her home and stayed and Laurie and I [transposed] some of the music. After supper at Grandma's I went back and watched Television for a while. Got home about 12:00 Spent $1.50. 
So I missed yesterday's entry because we lost power around maybe 7:30 and didn't get it back until after 9. We'd been out at NGate after picking up the Honda at Cascadia and when we got home it was out. We have plenty of candles and junk so it wasn't much of a big deal. As for yesterday, I slept properly the night before, had a good workout, went to Cascadia for a bit and then around 11 walked over to Aurora and got a bus up to Lynnwood (2 busses actually). That went fine. I ate a quick lunch at SBux (overpriced, but good) and then went over to see if it was done yet; almost. I stayed around while he put it back together and we chatted some. Drove it back to UVil where I went to SBux again to get some quiet(ish) time and enjoy the varied scenery. Went home, dinner, etc.

Today we went downtown for a change. Had lunch at the Italian place, which we've been going to for years and it's always good. Stopped at a couple of places down there, too. When we came back we watched a movie, The Martian. I started the book a while back but never finished it -- thought it was kind of boring. Decent movie though. Too much going wrong and junk though. It just loses believability when too much happens.

Walked up to the library and returned the movie and then walked some more. Pleasant afternoon although we spent it inside. My last beer went bad. Had a bad smell to it. Oh well, first batch lost. When I get back I'll make another batch of bitter. I'm going to start ordering from the company I got the kit from originally (Mr. Beer) since they sell stuff in quantities for the barrel (2 gallons) so I don't waste it. Like malt extract and stuff.

Supposed to be in the teens in Wisconsin this coming week I hope it warms up when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment