Thursday, February 25, 2016

25 February 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Stayed affter school and made up a Biology test that I had missed. After school went [way] to the Eagles hall where Laurie was practicing with an all state band. Walked her home. Laurie and I played for a U.S.O. dance tonight. Dad came and got us afterwards. Laurie and I stopped in at the Donut Shop. Eats $.20. Stayed down at Laurie's place until about 2:15 this morning and then I had to walk home. Spent $2.00. 
Boy, I tell ya, my parents wouldn't have let me stay at some girl's house until 2 when I was that age. I like this Laurie chick better than Barbara though.

I slept well last night although the beer yesterday made me feel cruddy this morning. Workout was fairly uninspired because of that. And no cheese. Hmmm. Still no cheese. I actually wore a long-sleeved shirt to work out in! I don't think I've ever done that. Place is cooooooold. It actually looked pretty good on me though. Came home and started a load of laundry, did some work, went to the Home a little later than usual because. . .well, here's how I described it in mom's update:

She had an appointment with Dr. Hatchet at 12:45 anyway, so I was going to hang around for that.
Except the nurse came in at 10:40 and said the van was here to take her to her appointment. Okay, 10:45, 12:45, whatever. So we get all bundled up against the fierce and biting wind whipping across the frozen tundra of southeastern Wisconsin and travel the ten feet from the door to the van without incident.
Then we get to the hospital (St. Agnes) and thus spake the Keeper of the Appointments: "Dr. Hatchet isn't even in today."
Huh. As it turns out everybody but the actual hospital thought she had an appointment today. After waiting in the lobby for some 20 minutes and enjoying the spectacles of hospital staff searching in vain for something called "cadillac wheelchairs with legs" (legs?) and people who couldn't seem to figure out how the *automatic* revolving door is supposed to work, we once again braved the fierce and biting wind whipping across the frozen tundra of southeastern Wisconsin and made it from the door to the van without incident. We never did figure out what the mixup was but I suspect the actual appointment was yesterday. At any rate, she at least got out on a little field trip and I think she enjoyed looking around her fair home town once again, despite the fierce and biting wind whipping across the frozen tundra of southeastern Wisconsin.
So yeah. I hung out there until about 3:45. She was in a decent mood after Phyllis hung up. Came home, and mostly was busy and listening to Robin's radio show. They still need to work on their banter and perhaps script some of it. Went for a long walk south and east. 

No comments:

Post a Comment