Monday, February 22, 2016

22 February 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Slept in this morning until about 9:30. Went out the first thing and did some work on the car. Took apart a tire and cleaned some [plays]. Helped Roy around the house some today. Sat around and watched television for a while today and up until 11:15 tonight. Took a bath tonight and cleaned up some. Polished my shoes and had a bite to eat and got to bed about 1:00 this morning. 
I checked a couple of days that I missed to see if he had gone somewhere out of town but didn't see anything. It seems like he's somewhere else.

Writing this just back from a walk and am a little irritated. Nearing the end(ish) I decided to cut over from Marr to Ellis but went down the wrong street which went all the way to Park without a cross street. By that time my foot was hurting and my arms were cold. Anyway, foot: Went to the clinic today around 10 and the doctor sliced away (!!!) the wounded area with a scalpel and it didn't hurt much at all. He found nothing embedded in there, but made me have an x-ray anyway. Nothing there. So I just have to wait until it heals.

When I got to the Home Carol the PT found me to tell me mom did really well. . .she walked 7 steps nearly on her own! Only using a left-side walker thing and only minimal help with her right leg. She was very happy with her. OTOH, a little before noon mom became very despondent and was crying some. Apparently, this is common with patients like this after they make some progress. Made me sad.

I went for lunch at Rocky's a little later than normal (dealing with mom), had a call with Chris about the project tomorrow, came home and did some little things, and then went back to the Home for a Skype with Phyllis. Mom was uninterested in the call. I really do believe at this point that she's not much interested in us constantly fussing over her. She's ready to be on her own and take some control, I think.

Michele didn't want to get together this week or weekend which kind of bummed me out, so was kind of a bummer of an afternoon. I'd slept pretty well last night and had a decent workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment