Thursday, February 11, 2016

11 February 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Drove my Plymouth down to Laurie's place this morning as usual. Worked hard in school all day today. Took Laurie to the doctor after school tonight. After supper at Grandma's I came home and got ready for the [bar]. Picked Laurie up and we played for the U.S.O. dance at the Y.M.C.A. We came by the house for a while before I took her home. Got to bed about 1:15. Is seeming like [a ned out] when I came in tonight. Coke $.10. Spent $.10. 
So right now my left foot hurts like the dickens. This morning, while wearing socks, I took a couple of steps away from petting Daisy in the guard tower and the ball of my foot hit something. Felt like a nail head sticking out of the floor. Hurt hurt hurt! Small, but painful, puncture wound. I looked for a nail but nothing. I must have managed to hit a little piece of gravel or something just right to drive it in. Dangitall, hurt all day.

Anyway, weird night again. Couldn't sleep in the bed, took 1/4 ambien. Couldn't sleep on the couch, 1/4 ambien. Finally I went downstairs and pretty much slept happily until 4:30. Workout started kind of slow but went really well eventually. Did some really good squats. Oddly, my shoulder barely hurt today. I think it might have something to do with sleeping on it rather than something at the gym. Hmmm.

Anyway, it was after I came home that I hit my foot. Went to Cascadia and things are getting busy. I have the one project on Whidbey to either manage or do when I get back. I guess we have some sort of excavation coming up, too.

I left there around 11:30 and went to McD's for lunch. Came home, fiddled around a bit, then went to UVil SBux. Pleasant, but too much walking. Stopped by Slaveway on the way for a donut and butter. Great combination!

Came home, fiddled around, ordered pizza for dinner with a salad. And the donut. Can't walk, so I did the kitchen and bathroom floors since my new Swiffer pads came today. Leaving to go get the Spousal Unit at the airport around 9:15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment