Wednesday, February 10, 2016

10 February 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Drove the Plymouth down to Laurie's place this morning and then walk on to school. Had a test in American History this morning. Came home after school and went to bed and slept a while. After supper down at Grandma's O took Laurie and her sister to a school program at their church tonight. After I took them to the Donut Shop for some eats. $2.00.Laurie's family wasn't home tonight and I stayed at her place until 1:30 this morning. Spent $2.00. 
Well, well. . . . .

Weird day today after the good day yesterday. Slept. . .weird. Couldn't get to sleep in the bed so I went to the TV room floor, which Jack was happy about because he led me in and curled up in his warmie bed (heated bed thing, warms up when something is in it). Then I woke up at -- you guessed it -- 3:30 and went back to the bed (the actual bed!) couldn't get back to sleep but I decided 1/4 ambien was worth it and then slept until almost 5.

Workout was pretty good actually. I didn't feel so great but the workout went well. I dunno, guts/stomach just felt blehh. Came home, bagel, etc. Made a tea latte and went to Cascadia for a bit. Neither project I made bids for have come to anything (yet) so I had nothing to do. Piddled around some. Oh, I did apply for an archaeology job at HRA. Not sure I want to work there (I think I mentioned the place earlier) but I did it. Went to McD's for lunch, just had some fries because it's Ash Wednesday, and chatted with Marge who was there for a few minutes.

Was really at a loss for something to do because it was raining most of the morning. Then it lightened up and I decided to see if I could get the trunk of the Honda steam cleaned at NGate. They were booked up. So I went to the SBux there and finally decided I should go clean it out myself with a little rug shampooer and the shop vac. Which I did. Seems not to be leaking any more anyway. I'll have to wait a couple of days to see if it still smells.

So, did that, did a few more little things, made dinner, and then went back to NGate to walk and look for some more thermal shirts. Found two at Penney's -- is Penney's still around in the future? -- for $9 each (down from $38!) so got those. I should be set for winter in Wisconsin. At this point the forecast is for 6 degrees Saturday and then gradually warming to the low 30s. Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment