Thursday, January 28, 2016

28 January 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Drove down to Laurie's place as usual this morning and walked her to school. Sure was tired today and I had also got a bad cold. After school I came home and [read] some. After supper at Grandma's I picked up Laurie at about 7:30 and we went down to the Y.M.C.A. and we play[sic] for a U.S.O dance. After the dance we had some eats at the Donut Shop $1.20. Sat out in the car a while at her place. Got home and in bed about 2:00 this morning. Spent $1.20. 
So. Great show last night. We left here around 4:45, but it took a long time to get downtown because of the rain and I went down Eastlake which was really difficult to get to across the University Bridge. Ate at the Johnny Rocket's in Pacific Place (parked there, too). Raining pretty heavily. It was very nice. At a jazz club (Dimitrous' Jazz Alley) so it was very intimate. Good show. I could have used more of the old Tijuana Brass music but it was still pretty good. I actually almost ran into him. . . .literally! Their bathrooms are down the same corridor where the dressing rooms are and I decided I needed to take a leaker right before it started and he was coming out of the hallway as I was going in. Ha! He's taller than I expected.

I had a couple of Maker's Mark bourbons. Meh. Didn't really feel much of it. At one point while his wife (Lani Hall) was singing and he was just waiting he dropped his mouthpiece and it rolled under the piano. So while they're up there playing on stage he's crawling around under the piano trying to fetch the piece!

He's still my favorite trumpet player. I decided he doesn't so much play it as sing with it.

Got home around 9:45. Watched TV a bit and then slept on the couch cuz the Spousal Unit wasn't going to work today. Jack had me pinned there most of the night. But I ended up sleeping pretty well, albeit only until 4:20. Felt okay though.

Had a reasonable workout despite the lack of sleep. Came home and the energy assessment guy came by around 9. Decent fellow. Sadly, he noticed that we have a leak by the chimney. I think it is probably not a bad one or the other insulation guy probably would have spotted it. But we'll need to get it fixed. Hope it doesn't come with a new roof. But he gave us some good advice on our options. He left a little before noon.

We went to McD's for lunch and then up to the PetsMart for cat supplies and then the QFC for dinner stuff. We had salad. I ate like no vegetables yesterday except minimal ones in soup or a side strawberry to a dessert. Eeesh. Walked around here.

It rained pretty good over night and most of the the morning but it cleared up nicely in the afternoon. I did some archaeology work here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment