Thursday, January 21, 2016

21 January 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Took my band test this morning. Had my History test this morning also. Stayed after school tonight and practices with our sax quartet. Walked Laurie home after school and walked home. Snowed all day today. Put chains on the Plymouth when I got home. At 6:30 drove down town and play for U.S.O. dance. Got home about 12:00. Listened to the radio for a while and then went to bed about 12:45. 
Early night. . . .

Tired. Slept about the same way as the night before, badly. Same pattern, too, ended up waking up at 3:30 again. I did try counting backwards from 900 by 9s (complete) and then backwards from 300 by 3s; not successful. I may have dozed off while doing the latter but I doubt it. So, tired.

Spousal Unit and I carpooled as I was monitoring in downtown Renton. Raining hard most of the morning. After dropping her off at Boeing I managed to find my way to the job site -- 724 S. 3rd St., the old Renton Western Wear store -- after a few wrong turns. They were excavating inside so the rain bothered me not! Interesting stuff. About 72 cm of coarse fill above. . . .something. Had trouble with it. It was mostly a medium clean sand -- no rocks or anything -- although in places it had bricks and brick fragments, wire, etc., and some pipes were going through it, so it was obviously not in situ sediments. But. . . I guess it was probably local sediment that had been screened maybe? To provide a compact base for the wall footings? Dunno. That's what I'm going with though.

Anyway, it was fits and starts. The contractor had rented a big garden tractor but that turned out to not work very well, so the guys he'd hired to work it got a larger track hoe and then it went quickly. I ended up spending an hour at the SBux down the street. Then the bucket broke so I went for lunch across the street at the Indian place (yum). Came back, escorted a nicely attractive lady into the building (she was a potential client for the space), and they finished by 2. So I went to Walmart and got some cinnamints and then to Spam's Club and got gas, and then waited for the Spousal Unit and we drove home. Took an hour. Didn't walk because it was raining so I vacuumed downstairs and did some other little junk. Don't mind because I'm very tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment