Wednesday, January 20, 2016

20 January 2016 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Dad took me to school this morning. At 8:00 this morning it was 19 below. Had some more [tits] in band today. Gave a [semester] speech in spanish class today. A 20 minute speech. Got b+. Went down town after school and got a [his cat] and went on down to the church. After supper I went to the Library and then came home and stayed here all evening. I practiced some and did a little school work. Got to bed about 12:00.
Yes, I know it's not 'tits' but that's what it looks like.

Slept like crap last night. I think I dozed off but then woke up right away and couldn't get back to sleep. Then I woke up at 3:30 -- what IS it about 3:frickin' 30??? -- and couldn't get back to sleep. So decided not to go into the UW. I went to the gym and really had a great workout, no doubt due to the liquids I consumed after getting up so early. Came home, ate bagel, went to Cascadia. Mostly I worked on cytology dx's, about 30 of which seemed to be wrong. I probably knew that already, but some were just not right in the data set I used. I mean, the original data had them as HSIL (or something) but in the imported data they were Normal. So I spent like an hour fixing those.

Paper got rejected by PLoS One dangitall. I think there are just limitations here that I can't get around. Oh well. Downstream we go.

Also spent time figuring out this Tukwila manhole thing. JAYsus. All they're doing is digging out 7" of asphalt and we're supposed to monitor it. I mean, money for nuthin' (but no chicks for free), but a waste of time. So I tried to get that worked out. I went to NGate for lunch and worked for a bit after that. Then went to UVil to cash a check and sit at SBux (holy moly, lots of scenery) and then drove up to the leak place and dropped the Honda off. Spousal Unit met me up there. Could not follow directions and ended up in two different places, eventually making me walk to where she was. All's well. Chatted with the owner's son quite a bit.

Oh, hot chick at SBux chatted a bit about the Packers.

Went to UVil to get a couple donuts for tomorrow and some new earplugs. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment