Friday, January 15, 2016

15 January 2015 (Friday)

On this day in 1954 (Friday):
Dad took me to school this morning. Had a [ambaticts band terphes] this morning. Everything else was about the same. Dad picked me up after school and I worked at the church until supper time. After supper I took the Dodge and went and picked up Laurie and took her to the [football] game. We both played for it. We went to a party at the [pastors] place until about 11:00 and wen then went down to the Donut Shop and had some eats. $1.25. Having our first big snow tonight. [Ask] Laurie to go study with me tonight. $1.00 gas. Spent $2.25. 
I guess Barbara is pretty much out of the picture. I like Laurie better.

I managed to sleep okay last night albeit with assistance. Not much though. I woke up downstairs when the heater turned on and kinda didn't know where I was. I had to go to Tukwila so I had a shortened workout but a pretty intense one. When I got to the locker my phone was ringing and it was Mike C. (City of Tukwila) telling me that yes, they did need me out there. Apparently they had a bunch of emails going back and forth and he'd just sent me one in bold and highlighted saying THEY DON'T NEED ME THERE. Heh.

Anyway, drive down was okay. Turned out it was completely useless, they weren't even excavating anything. I just stood around a bit, took a couple of photos, and then went to a SBux to wait out the traffic. Left there about 9:30 and traffic wasn't too bad. I decided to go straight to Cascadia to make a topo map and aerial and did a little writing of a brief report on it. Left by 11:30. Went to NGate for lunch. Came home and Daisy desperately wanted attention. She was rubbing and meowing in the bathroom and finally I had to pick her up and put her on the counter and give her a good brushing. She loves that. You could brush her for an hour and still get hair off. She went in the sink for a couple of minutes, too (she likes that).

Went to the SBux at UVil for a while. Not much in the way of scenery I'm afraid. But I had a nice time reading the web and chatting with Shannon (not her real name, btw; it's a nom de plume. She goes by Shannon Macallan, the last name after the whiskey which I was the only person to notice so far). Anyway. Did that, got some stuff for dinner, came home.

I took a sample of my beer and it doesn't seem too good. Very watery, not at all beer-looking. Not even sure it fermented at all. I will let it go another few days and then siphon some out to see how it looks. I may stick to malt extract from now on. Or I may keep trying until I get it right? I dunno, there was a LOT of sediment coming out, too. So hmmmm.

Had dinner (I also drank some Miller to get the taste of my beer out of my mouth) and then walked at NGate. Someone came to the door bitching about pesticides. I didn't answer it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment