Thursday, January 14, 2016

14 January 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
I was so tired that I didn't go to school this morning. Slept in until about 11:30 this morning. Ron came up and I went down to [Kendalls] Cafe with him. I had some pop. At 2:00 Ron Carl [pery] Barbara, Laurie, Dad and myself went up and [saw] the trial of Jim Forest the kid I [had] a [fat som] with on the [avenue]. After supper tonight came home and work on my semester speech. I got to bed about 11:30 tonight. Pop $.10. Spent $.10. 
Tried to find this 'trial of Jim Forest' on the web but couldn't. COuldn't really make out what he was saying about him either.

Kind of a weird day today. Woke up at like 3:30 so that wasn't great, but I felt okay. Had a really good workout though. Really quite good. Back is doing fine with squats, too. When I got home I had an email from my sister telling me that our aunt Marion had died at 5 this morning (central time). Not unexpected at all, but I was saddened by it. She was a bit of an odd duck, Marion was. I'm convinced she had something psychological wrong with her, like bipolar disorder or something. Never married. Tended to turn on people for a time and then later on act like it never happened. But she wasn't really a bad person for the most part, so it is a loss. I went up to the church to light a vigil light for her, but Mass was going on so I sat in for the last half (like 15 minutes). Saw Marge there, and Fr. Basso was saying the Mass -- he's from Michigan. I had on my Wisconsin sweatshirt so I said that I half expected him to just fling the wafer at me, and that "we are pilgrims in an unholy Pac-12 land." Heh. That last line is from a movie, you future readers can go look it up as your trivia assignment.

So, after that stopped by SBux on 35th and then went to Cascadia. Didn't do much while there and then went to lunch at NGate. When I came back. . .well, the one report is still in progress, Mike is being kind of slow on it. Kinda sloppy, too. Then Meg had one down in Tukwila which is monitoring and that is all messed up. At first, we were supposed to be there the 19th-21st and the 26th, nearly all of it at night, which I was probably going to have to do. Then it turned out I had to go out tomorrow morning. So I was getting ready for that. Then the guy who I've worked with before down there called and said, no, no monitoring needed at all, so fine. Then Meg called after I got home and said some other guy called her and really wanted someone out there tomorrow. Sheesh. So I'm going to the gym and then heading down to see what they're doing. Should only take like 20 minutes off of my workout.

So I got all that stuff ready for tomorrow. The Civic is really being irritating. There's so much moisture in the trunk that it's making the entire car into a humid sauna (if a cold one) so the insides of the windows are always all fogged up and it takes 10 minutes to clear them in the morning. Can't wait to get that stuff fixed.

Anyway, nice and sunny today. I drove my Mustang most of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment