Sunday, January 10, 2016

10 January 2015 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Ron came down and got me out of bed this morning and we went to church. I sat out in the car and talked with Barbara during most of the service. Ron ate dinner with me today. This afternoon Laurie came down to the house with about six other kids and we had a party most of the afternoon. Ate supper at Laurie's place. Went to a show tonight at the Yakima $1.30 and some eats at the [Furff] $.55. Dad picked me up and took me home. Tel. $.20 Got in about 12:00 tonight. Spent $2.55.
Well, another really decent day. I managed to sleep okay last night and woke up a bit before 4:30, which was fine because I didn't spend much time awake last night. I even went to Mass this morning because I felt okay. It was more crowded than usual because I think a lot of the 10:30 people came early so they could watch the SeaChickens at 10. They won, barely. Played Minnesota in Minneapolis where it was -6 at kickoff, 3rd coldest. 10-9. Minnesota had the game winning 24-yard field goal all set and then muffed it. Amazing. Packers played later and they beat Washington, the REDSKINS REDSKINS  REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS REDSKINS, 35-18.

It was sunny and 52 so I decided to go for a run this afternoon as well. That went pretty good, neither of my knees hurt at all. Very pleasant. Drank a beer when I got back as well, meaning I nursed it for an hour and feel okay. Mostly I just watched the Packers and did some minor chores all afternoon. We missed most of the 2nd half of the SeaChickens cuz we went to UVil for lunch and a bit of shopping.

Just went out walking around here.

Oh, Bud Grant the old Vikings coach went out on the field for the coin toss wearing a polo shirt, no jacket or coat or anything. Heh. Stud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment